Welcome back! That was the subject line of an email my mom sent me today. All the content said was “Welcome back to the real world, have a great day, mom” Of course she didn’t forget to attach the picture below before sending it.
Well, “Project Vegan” is finally over, and I can honestly say it was an eye opening experience. Though the project has come to an end, I still find myself pondering at menus and product labels. I’ve come to a few conclusions since the commencement of #DandDGoVegan
- It’s almost impossible to avoid any and all animal products throughout life.
- There’s something about a good fitting pair of Anderson Bean‘s that just can’t be replaced.
- I still and always will LOVE bacon!
- Though faux meat and fakin bacon are good, they should never be compared to meat because they are NOTHING alike
- I was very surprised to find so many vegans who support genetically engineered products.
- I have yet to find a decent faux cheese. I’m sure Dairy Carrie fully understands.
- I’ve learned to enjoy healthier more wholesome products.
If we put our differences aside whether you’re farmer, rancher, meat eater or vegan we are all just people, living a life that we are truly passionate about.
I’ve gained a lot of followers and support from other vegans throughout this process. I can only hope that we will continue to stay connected through social media in the future and further our productive conversations with an open mind.
So today was my first day of non-veganism in two weeks and I couldn’t wait to take a bite out of an big juicy bacon cheeseburger. I mean it’s beef, bacon and cheese in every bite! Surely it doesn’t get much better than that, right? However, I think because of the low caloric diet I’ve been consuming the last two weeks my stomach has shrunk! I was only able to eat about half of the heavenly goodness that was staring back at me from my plate. Either way it was well worth it.
In case you missed our little vegan adventure, you can find all of my “Project Vegan” posts under the “Project Vegan #DandDGoVegan” tab at the top of my page. Also, make sure you check out High Heels and Shotgun Shells blog written by my compadre Danielle Beard to read about her vegan adventure.
Long live beef!